Every month, DAS Gives, is happy to reward a "hometown hero" $500 for their generous heart and dedication to making the community a better place for everyone. DAS Gives is an employee-driven program where we strive to focus on supporting charities that are near and dear to our employee's hearts. We truly care about what our employees care about and we want to help make a positive impact in the community. To do this, each month since July, we have allowed employees, friends and families from all over the country to nominate their hometown heroes for a chance to win $500. For the past few months our Facebook has overflowed with hundreds of nominations and we have truly gotten to see how many wonderful people there are surrounding us. It is inspiring to see so many different people supporting so many different, amazing charities and organizations. We hope to see our monthly $500 giveaways continue to grow and bring awareness to all the good in the community!
• January: Nick Wegman - Among helping the community, supporting the local schools, participating in St. Baldrick's, and continuously fundraising for different projects, Nick has proven to have such a big heart that never stops caring!
• December: Grace Strobel - Grace is a 22-year-old young lady with Down Syndrome, who is making an emotional impact on hundreds of students in the St. Louis area, with her presentations, called the "The Grace Effect."
• November: John Powell - John is an 87 year-old Veteran living in Springboro, OH. He served 15 years in the military and he fought in the Korean War.
• October: Mark Alan - Presents an anti-bullying program that's sure to make a difference for elementary students.
• September: Elizabeth Weidner - While fighting her own cancer, finds way to raise money for other children battling cancer.
• August: Sara Gladstein - Tirelessly brings awareness to the overwhelming need of service dogs for veterans of the military.
• July: Mat Welch - Constantly finding ways to raise money for kids with cancer and giving back to children with other serious illnesses.
• June: Joe Newman - Limo driver for JED limousine but he donates all of his OWN time and money for others. He drives children with cancer around in the limousine that he drives for work, many times using his own money to pay for the limousine himself.